Monday, May 21, 2018

"...... white privilege plays in all aspects of the gun control debate..."

 Aditi Dholakia

Three months after a group of students walked out of Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas, to protest gun violence and school shootings, the school became a harrowing statistic itself. Eight students and two teachers were killed on Friday and 10 more injured when a gunman opened fire during the first period of the day.*

Friday marks one more lone wolf white male shooter with “troubling” social media posts and a history of isolation in custody, with not a scratch on him courtesy of the police.

More @ Technician

2 comments:

  1. I'm 69 years old. I'm white. I've never been arrested. I pay my taxes on time. I pay my bills on time. I've voted in every presidential election since 1972, the first time I was old enough to vote. I support the Constitution. I own guns. I don't shoot people. My white privilege allowed me to work my butt off for over
    forty five years. My white privilege compelled me to support my wife and two daughters. I believe in gun safety. I firmly believe "common sense" gun safety is a euphemism for for get rid of guns. I don't know what the root problem of violence is, but it's not me and it's not people like me. I'm sick and tired of this liberal dribble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All to control us and exactly why we have guns.

      "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
      -- Thomas Jefferson

      "Braveness during daylight comes easier than in darkness."
      --Brock

      "Now, after sending Our Best Young Men To Die on distant battlefields fighting Communism, we may simply vote a Marxist into our highest office."
      23 July 2008
      10/'67 - 5/'69 USARV, 6/'69 - 09/'71 OICC/RVN+, 06/'73 - 25/04/'75 DAO, US Embassy RVN

      Delete