Monday, July 10, 2017

VNCH Colonel Ho Ngoc

Via Thuy

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, text and outdoor

Born in Rach Gia, South Vietnam in 1938, he graduated as sub lieutenant from the Dong De, Nha Trang training camp. During his military career, he earned a total of 78 medals.

In 1973 at age 37, he was promoted  provincial Governor the youngest governor in Vietnam of
Chuong Thien, a heavily infested VC area.


When Saigon surrendered on April 30, 1975, he continued to fight until the next day when he ran out ammunitions.  


Taken prisoner, he was condemned to death on August 14, 1975. His last words were:


"If I won the war, I would not condemn you as you have condemned me. I would not humiliate you as you have humiliated me. I wpuld not ask you questions that you asked me. I fought for the freedom of my people. I have merit and I am not guilty. No one can convict me. History will criticize you as my Communist enemy. You want to kill me then kill me. Do not blindfold me. Down with the Communists. Long live the Republic of Viet-Nam !"

2 comments:

  1. I sent this to all the recipients in my e-mail address book.

    When I see something like this, it reassures me that my time in the old Republic of Viet Nam was not wasted.

    I would guess that nearly every Viet Nam war veteran would have a similar reaction.

    Publication of this message might do a great deal towards healing those who suffer symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and thanks. There are quite a VN groups on Facebook and they well remember.

      Delete